Specialista in chirurgia ortopedica e traumatologia dell’apparato locomotore e chirurgia della mano, membro FMH
Specialista in Chirurgia della Mano e in Chirurgia Ortopedica e Traumatologia dell'apparato locomotore, membro FMH
International Faculty: Dr. med. Carlos Heras-Palou
International Faculty: Dr. med. Riccardo Luchetti
Wrist arthroscopy is becoming nowadays an essential tool for the Hand Surgeon for the treatment of ligament injuries and distal radius fractures. This year is the 10th anniversary of the Centro manoegomito and we are proud to invite you to the 1st arthrowrist course in Switzerland.
The course is organized in a theoretical part with lectures held by the international and national faculty, covering the anatomy, the technical set up and the most common topics and techniques in wrist arthroscopy. Dr. Riccardo Luchetti, co-founder of the International Wrist Arthroscopy Association (IWAS) and Dr Carlos Heras-Palou, one of the most prominent hand and wrist surgeons in the UK, will be part of the International Faculty. The procedures will be demonstrated in the operating theatres on real patients by tutors. The participants will actively take part in the surgery and then practice in the skills lab on specimens, guided by a tutor in small groups through the steps of the several arthroscopy procedures.
The faculty will also present challenging cases for discussion.
Theoretic lectures, case discussion, live surgery and practical lessons on real specimens will be blended for a complete learning experience.
Chairmen and intern Faculty: Dr. Thomas Giesen, Dr. Ivan Tami,
International Faculty: Dr. Carlos Heras-Palou, Dr. Riccardo Luchetti
Friday 6th November
- The history of arthroscopy: evolution and its role today
- Wrist anatomy
- Wrist arthroscopy set-up
- Diagnostic wrist arthroscopy and synoviectomy
- Pros and cons of arthroscopic excision of wrist ganglions
- The triangular fibrocartilage(TFCC): anatomy and classification
- TFCC refixation: arthroscopic and mini-open technique
- The role of wrist arthroscopy in scapho-lunate instability
- Arthroscopy assisted distal radius fracture fixation
- Anatomy lab / Live sugery
Saturday 7th November
- Case presentation
- Anatomy lab / Live surgery
- SGH-SSCM 14 credits
- IWAS course
- FESSH (recognition in course)
Online registration on www.swissarthrowrist.ch (limited places)